Monday 10 August 2015

Studio

We have found a studio share.  I can't believe it, as it's hard to find/afford them, especially in Central London (this is Makespace studios in Waterloo).

When I say studio share, I really mean sublet, as we're sharing the space with two others, a composer/musician and a painter. They'll use it in the week and we'll use it in the evenings and at weekends. Our little corner is small, but it's a start.

And hopefully, if another one comes up in the same complex, we'll be able to get one to ourselves.

So far, we didn't have a desk to work on, so we've been renting but not using the space. Wei managed to get a desk there this weekend, the hero, so now I must get into a routine of going. Very luckily for me, it's a 15 minute walk from work.

It all has started to happen around Southwark.   I've started working there; our studio is 15 minutes away; Intaglio Printmakers is 5 minutes away, the most essential & professional printmaking shop in London, if not the UK.  

I've also signed up to do etching with an artist I really admire at the Art Academy in Borough. They have an open access studio with presses, so potentially I can go our studio and prepare work, then print it up on the presses at the Art Academy on weekends.

London is magnificent like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment